Wednesday, October 28, 2009

One Year Anniversary


Today is one year since my surgery. I'm trying to remember... but I can't remember much. Maybe it's supposed to be that way.


I'm happy to be feeling pretty normal. As I said in my last post, I'm waiting for the next scan. Does that ever change after you are diagnosed with cancer?


So one year out, here's a big thank you to everyone who supported me and did so much for me over the last year. I know I wouldn't have made it without you. Especially Mike who did more for me then I could ever have expected. You took your wedding vows seriously! Hopefully, you don't remember everything you had to do for me. I won't go into detail here. You know. You are the best.


Carrie and Keith you had to take care of both of us. Carrie, when you first came in the ICU and I could hear you crying and couldn't move or communicate, that was the worst part of the whole thing. And Keith, you had to bail my car out and drive all over creation! Thanks for letting us use your house too. You both went above and beyond the call of duty... Carrie, do we have plans for our annual shopping trip in February?


Justin and Unkyong, you might be 3,000 miles away, but your support was awesome. Jus, when my first surgeon didn't know what was going on, you figured it out. Before the lab results! If you hadn't found Dr. Sardi... I don't know...


Our neighbors and my co-workers were very supportive with food and friendship. It really means a lot.


And what a year. Mike and I went on the trip of a life time this summer. We drove cross-country to visit Justin and UnKyong in California. I've always wanted to do that. I think the trip made me stronger. I sure felt great the entire time. And I'd do it again in a heartbeat.


I'm posting a picture of Mike and me in San Francisco in a cable car.


I'll be back with more updates. Until then, take care and enjoy life.


1 comment: